No one ever accused the corporate entertainment world of being trendsetters. Their cautious nature has often kept great mainstream entertainment options on the periphery waiting for Corporate America to catch up. One example is Country Music.
But times have changed, and Country is a rising force in corporate event entertainment. T. Skorman is one of the largest providers of headline talent to the corporate world. Country now makes up for at least 1/3 of all our bookings – and it’s still rising. Why is that?
Here are a few observations:
- Country music IS pop music in 2023.
- Most country music can be enjoyed by the whole family, making the genre a good fit for corporations who prioritize “safe” lyric content
- Pop acts come and go, but country music entertainers have staying power which means more hits (recognizable songs) for your audience.
- Many of the 70’s – 80’s rock acts that have a large catalogue of hits are starting to age out and/or retire.
- Country is not just for the South and Midwest anymore.
Like other music styles, country music is not a one-size fits all genre. There are different types of acts:
- Story-Tellers – like Carly Pearce, Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland), Ashley McBryde, and Keith Urban
- High Energy Party Acts – like Zac Brown Band, Brothers Osborne, Dustin Lynch and Old Dominion
- And Classic Country – like Shania Twain (one of the top grossing tours of 2023), Brad Paisley, Justin Moore, and Chris Janson
Corporate events and Country music are a great match.
Don’t miss out on the fun!